Let talk about vacuuming.
The average vacuum will pick up to 70% of all dry particulate soils. (This is the sandy soils and dirt particulate.) The rest will be cleaned out when you have your carpet cleaned by a professional.
1. Vacuum once a week.
2. Service your vacuum cleaner at least once a year. Unless you know what you are doing, let a professional take care of this job.
3. Change out your vacuum bag when it is half full to ensure that your vacuum cleaner will work under optimal conditions.
4. If you have a canister style vacuum, empty it when it is half full to ensure that it is working at full strength, pulling up the dirt from the fibers of the carpet.
1. Don't wait until your canister vacuum cleaner or bag is full before emptying it. It's easy to cut corners and wait until the canister or bag is packed with dirt. Under these conditions, the vacuum cleaner will not pull up the dirt it was designed to eliminate. With a packed vacuum cleaner or packed vacuum cleaner bag, you put in the work, pushing and pulling the vacuum around the home, but your vacuum is not operating at 100% power.
2. Don't attempt to take a vacuum cleaner apart and service it unless you have the skills to put it back together properly. Some do-it-yourself projects can end up costing you more money when you have to hire someone to "fix" mistakes.
By vacuuming your carpet once a week, you will extend the life of your carpet for many years.
Your vacuum cleaner cannot work at 100% effectiveness if the vacuum cleaner bag is full. Let it do its job - empty the bag or canister when it is half full.